- Flew to New York City for a few days
- Attended Climate Week Events
- Walked 13 miles/day in New York City.
- Started Reading New Books
- Flew to Omaha For the week.
- Ran through a corn field.
- Ate puppy chow
Blog: Pablo Morales
This post is in reponse to Jeremy Cherfas'.
Thank you for hosting this month's carnival!
Snow Weather Thought #034
Growing up in the Midwest I used to complain about the snow. Now that I am far from it, I do realize it's my kind of weather.
Appreciating the things taken for granted
Growing up in the Midwestern region of the United States (or commonly known as the Midwest) I was so used to irritable weather. What I mean by irritable weather was facing, "four seasons in one week." You're probably thinking the following: "How is this possible?" It simply does! If you know, you know. Here are a few examples (No particular order)
One day it can be a nice spring day with all the flowers blooming being happy as can be.
The following day you could wake up to find out that there is a blizzard in effect.
A few days, it could be scorching hot and wondering how we got here?
The last few days of the week, it could be a beautiful, soothing fall day and you forget about the weather tragedies of earlier of the week.
As chaotic as it sounds, I do miss it. I do miss sometimes not knowing if I will melt one day or be trapped in my home for many days at a time. My favorite is knowing if my home would fly away in a tornado. As silly and boring the topic of weather is, it is also a bonding activity with people who live in this region. It's almost a pastime knowing we could just die at any minute.
If I were to pick a favorite season, it would be winter. Are you in shock? Even I don't believe it. I do miss dressing up all nice for the winter. Who doesn't like wearing cute winter outfits. If were going to suffer in the cold we might as well look our best!
I moved to California to live in a different place and subconsciously to escape the cold. In Northern California it is generally just hot here all the time. I do miss having season changes. Geography and location tends to influence the type of weather or climate one lives in.
You can take the person out of the midwest but you can't take the Midwestern out of the person.
- Let's Get Away From It All
- Patti Page
- A1 Autumn In Rome 3:06
- A2 - Let’s Get Away From It All 1:59
- A3 - Under Paris Skies 2:36
- A4 - Basin Street Blues 2:16
- A5 - Just A Little Bit South Of North Carolina 1:44
- B1 - Route 66 2:02
- B2 - Mississippi Mud 1:37
- B3 - South Of The Border (Down Mexico Way) 3:04
- B4 - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans 1:30
- B5 - The Whole World Is Singing My Song 1:35
- Olé ala Lee
- Peggy Lee
- "Come Dance with Me" (Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen) - 2:28
- "By Myself" (Howard Dietz, Arthur Schwartz) - 3:20
- "You're So Right for Me" (Jay Livingston, Ray Evans) - 1:47
- "Just Squeeze Me (But Please Don't Tease Me)" (Duke Ellington, Lee Gaines) - 1:54
- "Fantástico" (Jack Keller, Noel Sherman) - 2:05
- "Together (Wherever We Go)" (Jule Styne, Stephen Sondheim) - 1:46
- "Love and Marriage" (Cahn, Van Heusen) - 2:07
- "Non Dimenticar" (Shelley Dobbins, Michele Galdieri, Gino Redi) - 2:26
- "From Now On" (Cole Porter) - 1:55
- "You Stepped Out of a Dream" (Nacio Herb Brown, Gus Kahn) - 2:30
- "Olé" (Peggy Lee) - 2:26
- "I Can't Resist You" (Ned Meyer, Will Donaldson) - 2:10