Ever since I was a kid I was always facinated with public transporation. I remember watching television and videos on the internet of people getting on public transportation. I always wondered why it isn't common to have it everywhere. I've lived in various parts around the world where it is simply normal to have various methods of public transportation. Having lived in Mexico for short periods of times, I did ride buses to get to the city because it was the most economical way. One slight issue living in the United States, I didn't grow up in an area where public transportion was none existent. I grew up in Nebraska. You needed a car to get around. It was also weird to be walking around. I found that idea to be weird.
The world has been surpassing the United States for decades. It's getting more obvious every day.
Since I moved the California, I've taken the Amtrak Train thirty-five (35) times since 2021. It's an easy trip to do between Sacramento and San Francisco or even to other cities in California.
|2021 - 7 Times|
|2022 - 9 Times|
|2023 - 17 Times|
The last time I did even remotely close to this was when I was living in France. I still have all the tickets to show.
Reasons I Take The Train:
- Environment - A lot more people can move around all at one time and it elimates so many cars off the roads. It helps reduce emissions.
- Convenience - There is enough trains throught out the day, that you can just book your ticket minutes before it heads out.
- Avoiding traffic - Driving isn't fun when you're surrounded by cars waiting for the line to move. It's nice not having to wait around in traffic when the train is simply going on its way on the the tracks.
- Not paying for parking - Parking in cities such as San Francisco is so expensive or you have to move your car for city services. It seems so much of a hastle to be worrying about your car in a place where you can walk.
- Not worrying about my car in a big city. - With so many car break-ins happening throughout cities in the United States, I can breath a sigh of relief knowing I don't have to worry about my car left alone or pondering if I did my best to get everything out of sight.
- I can get work done on the train. - I'm always working on my computer and I can get so much done weather it's for work or for personal endeavors.
I also enjoy getting groceries at Trader Joe's before I get on the train especially if I'm going to get back to Sacramento late. It's nice to be able to get groceries for the week and take them with me on the train. It's a small little habit or tradition. I also save money by buying snacks ahead of time and not having to spend extra on snacks on the train.
I hope my friend Sammy can come out to California for a fun train ride from Sacramento to San Francisco. I know he'd love it. Heck even one of these days, I'd love to catch the train that runs (Amtrak California Zephyr) through our hometowns in Nebraska and ride up to Sacramento. Hopefully soon!